Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can female Mine Men in the united States Navy work on ship now


Can female Mine Men in the united States Navy work on ship now?
I just enlisted in the US navy as a Mine Man. Then I saw an article written in 1999 saying that female mine men can't work on ship. I joined the navy to see the world. I would like to know if I am going to be able to do so.
Military - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
SURE YOU CAN WORK SHIPS..........
2 :
I asked my friend who is in the Navy if women are allowed to work on a ship and he said yes you can.
3 :
yes, there female MNs on sea duty. BUT( and this is the kicker) Minesweepers are going away, and not every ship has been converted to co ed berthing. So, while you can be statioend aboard a ship, there are not as many billets available overall.