Monday, February 14, 2011

I have a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery can I get a work in the United States


I have a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery can I get a work in the United States?
I am a Medical Doctor and went to the University of the West Indies but i am curious about any options in the United States of America. I heard that qualifications outside of US are not recognized. Thanks for your responses.
Medicine - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A few people I know have/are done medical school in the Caribbean and they are practicing or doing their residency in the US. But you need remarkable USMLE scores if you're a foreign graduate to even be able to get a residency. Also, alot of states will require a minimum amount of undergrad to be able to be licensed. And lastly, make sure your school is on the approved list for each state. What do you mean by "Bachelor of Medicine" and "Bachelor of Surgery?" Because when you graduate medical school you walk out with an MD, not a bachelors.
2 :
MB BCh are the degrees offered in most countries outside the US to medical students. The UK, Ireland, the Commonwealth and some other countries have MB BCh instead of MD. I think you would be allowed to practise as long as your University is recognised as having the minimum standards for the US. Hope this helps.