Sunday, March 7, 2010

Can I go on vacation in the United States while I'm in the process of getting a United States visa


Can I go on vacation in the United States while I'm in the process of getting a United States visa?
My boyfriend and I want to go to Miami on vacation, but I am currently in the process of applying for a United States work visa. Is this allowed? Or will it be badly recognized by the immigrations office? I am from Canada and will be in Miami for 4 nights :)
Immigration - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have a visitor visa or are from a visa waiver country and have ESTA approval, you should have no problem.
2 :
You can. Just don't overstay the tourist visa or get in trouble.
3 :
No you can't
4 :
You can ... they may bounce you back but probably not ...
5 :
Applicants for immigrant visas are sometimes turned away when they try to enter early with tourist visas because it's suspected they'll overstay. Since you are applying for a work visa and not an immigrant visa, you shouldn't have a problem.