Friday, September 14, 2012

How can I make my appliance work in the United States


How can I make my appliance work in the United States?
I purchased a hair curler from the UK. The seller told me that it had universal voltage and that I would only need an adapter. However, I don't see that printed anywhere. The voltage reads 230v ~ 5a-60Hz 35W. So do I just need an adapter or a voltage converter? Thanks
Other - Electronics - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sorry, No straight help here. Although there are places that you can plug in ( with a adapter plug) it will not be in the bathroom. If you plug it into 120 vac it will get warm not hot! The only other possibility is an isolation transformer, wired to add 120 volts to the 120vac house power but you will be pulling more than 10 amps.
2 :
You need a voltage converter; 110 V to 230 V, 35 W or higher.
3 :
Sorry, No idea to help here.