Monday, May 7, 2012

How does the academic grading system work in the United States


How does the academic grading system work in the United States?
I'm wondering how schools evaluate their students. I'm familiar with the A, B, C, D, F, system, the one I don't undertsnad is 4.0 and 3.0 and such... can someone explain please.
Other - Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
4.0 is an A, 3.0 is a B, 2.0 is a C, and 1.0 is a D, and of course failure is a 0. They give these numbers to the letter grades to assist in more accurate averaging for GPA, grade point average. If you have 4 A's and 3 B's, your GPA is 3.57. Hope this answers your question.
2 :
Basically it goes like this A=4, B=3, C=2,D=1; YOu give a number to the grade you obtain and then you add up your grades and take the average. For example, if my report card reads History B =3 Math C =2 Science A =4 Physical Ed A =4 English B =3 Elective C =2 Total Points=18 Divide by 6 because that is how many courses I took (18/6) and that gives me a 3.0