Friday, October 14, 2011

live in United States work for England company


live in United States work for England company?
So, there's this company in England, it's a real company,not fake, it's legitimate, and this guy saw my resume over the web and he wants to hire me, off the books, but his company is in England, and I live in New York, USA. He said he's going to have a delegate come by and meet me after my 2 week probation period but that's about the only contact I'll have with him, other than my home office through the phone and through the net. It's weird, because I'm not use to this, but at the same time, I'm curious, and because the pay is $47000 a year, I can't say no. It must be cheaper to pay me in American currency than pay someone in England the same amount in pounds. But the position seems easy enough, and to my liking...admin assistant, which I can def do. What do you guys think? Should I go for it?
Law & Ethics - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
it probably would be cheaper to pay you, they're only spending about 23500 pounds on you. But I'd be worried about the tax situation, in the US, and maybe even in the UK. I'd consult a tax professional first to see if this is on the up and up. Sounds like a pretty nice deal though, if you don't mind cabin fever.
2 :
Outsourcing to the US. How great is that? You should move to England and make him pay you in pounds, then live here. You would effectively double your salary due to currency exchange rates and cheaper cost of living in the US. Take advantage of the depreciated US currency and take the job. Make sure that this is legit and you are not paid "under the table". You could be in for serious fraud charges if you do not make sure you are paying required taxes.
3 :
How are you going to be an Administrative Assistant to a guy in England while living in the USA?? Why does he want to hire you "off the books"? He could simply simply list you as "contract labor" instead of an employee. Maybe I'm just an old cynic but this seems a little fishy to me. Be careful.