Friday, May 7, 2010

Do Japanese Wiis work in the United States


Do Japanese Wiis work in the United States?
I'm planning on importing a Japanese Wii to the United States soon. However, one of my friends has told me I will need other items in order to make the Wii work in the US due to voltage differences. What exactly do I need to make it work? I'm planning on importing games actually =( I just meant hardware specifications. Sorry I confused you, Wii Addict.
Nintendo Wii - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You will need an adaptor of some kind and a different plug. In Japan they use 230 Volts / 60Hz whereas in the USA they use 110V / 60 Hz. So you will need to order an adaptor to convert the voltages to make it safe to use in your home.
2 :
The reason why Japanese Wii dono't work in the U.S. is because of a region lock. A region lock is when you try to play a Wii game thats from a different country in a Wii thats from a different country. That's like trying to play an American Wii with Austrailian games. A way to take off region lock to to "mod" your Wii. Here's info about how to "mod" your Wii. http://www.wii-modchips.com
3 :
If you import the games it will work, but many companies are cracking down on game importing. You will have to buy an adapter to make it work with american plugins.