Friday, June 1, 2012

What are the documents to prove that I am eligible to work in the United States


What are the documents to prove that I am eligible to work in the United States?
I am a permanent residence (green card holder), and I have a social security card. I don't know what I have, because my mother possesses all of my legal documents.
Law & Ethics - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can get a new social security card, which is required by most employers before you can work.
2 :
Most likely just the security card.
3 :
Your Green Card and Social Security Card should do it.
4 :
ask lord obama, he knows the ins and outs to be prez
5 :
Go to this link. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf It is the I9 form that everyone must complete when they get a job to prove they are legally eligible to work in the US. Scroll down to page 5 and there is a list of the usable IDs. In your case you will need your I-551 card (Green Card). You should have that card on you at all times.