Wednesday, March 14, 2012

If I work for the United States army as a translator what kind of service commitment am I making


If I work for the United States army as a translator what kind of service commitment am I making?
I have an interview with a recruiter for a translator position(I would be translating Haitian Kreyole). He said that I would be enlisted, but only in the reserves. I DON'T want to go to war or travel too far should I just avoid this job all together?
Military - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well its possible that you could be deployed. You will have to drill and go to bootcamp I beleive. Being in the reserves you may be able to just stay at home and not have to travel... but since you are a translator.. you may be needed in many places that are overseas.. Its hard to tell. It depends on how much that language is needed.
2 :
yea resever do go to bootcamp but trust me girls got it good there lol they get treated real good compared to the guys>,< well in fort L wood they did lol