Saturday, May 7, 2011

What is the minimum age to work in the United States


What is the minimum age to work in the United States?
I'm a freshman in High School and I'd like to start working soon. Just wondering how old I need to be to work.
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i believe its 15 or 16, u could always do a paper route though at younger than that
2 :
I can't speak to the whole country by in my state the working age is 16... the only exception is that you can work as a paperboy/papergirl at 14. So here you could start working at 14 if you're willing to work for the newspapers, but you couldn't officially work any other job until 16.
3 :
There's not a minimum age overall. Many states have laws that restrice what types of jobs minors can be hired for, and what hours they are allowed to work, and require work permits below a certain age. Also, many employers have a policy not to hire people under 16 or 18.