Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How does studying abroad in the united states work


How does studying abroad in the united states work?
I live in South Africa, I’m in Gr. 11. I speak English at home, so I won’t have any trouble with language transition. I would like to study psychology at the University of Hawaii. My grades are good, but I don’t know how to work out your GPA. I was just wondering if someone could explain to me, in a nutshell, what I need to do, or what needs to happen for me to apply to a university in the U.S. Here are a couple of questions: How long before the time should you apply? How long before the university starts do you have to take the SAT’s? What do I need in order to apply? How do I apply? Where do I apply? Also are there any study programs that allow you to study in the U.S? Thanks
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Every school is different. And your SAT's should be completed, or at least scheduled before you apply. A year in advance is a good rule of thumb for getting things in order to apply to any college. Some College deadlines for applicants are in January for the next fall semester - and others are as late as June or July; it depends on the school.The bigger or more prestigious the school, the sooner one needs to get things done. You can apply on-line for a lot of colleges. Go to the web-site for whichever school you have an interest, and look at ALL of the requirements for that particular school. I'd take the SAT"S soon. Don't forget about passports and Student Visas. Good luck, Siggy