Thursday, October 14, 2010

How am I legal to work in the United States


How am I legal to work in the United States?
I am 16 and applying for jobs in Texas. Most online applications ask if you are legal to work in the United States and will be able to show proof of it...is there a permit or paper I need? Where do I get it? Is being a legal 16 year old enough?
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The proof can be: Your birth certificate that shows you were born in the U.S. but usually what your employer is asking for is a copy of a State I.D. or State Drivers License and your Social Security Card. That is the proof that you have the right to work in the U.S.
2 :
They mean proof you are a citizen or have the right legal paperwork otherwise. I think if you are under 18, you may also need a work permit.
3 :
if you are legal...if you were born here(in the US) then you are fine