Thursday, January 1, 2009

Will my Nintendo Wii from the United States work on televisions in Australia with component cables


Will my Nintendo Wii from the United States work on televisions in Australia with component cables?
I'm traveling to Australia from the United States for several months, and I have the proper power adapters to run my Wii. However, I was not sure if I would be able to use an Australian TV there with my component cables, considering the fact that composite would not work due to the NTSC/PAL difference. So, would I be able to get the system to work with a television there? Thanks for your answers!
Nintendo Wii - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Only if the TV can accept a 480i or 480p signal. PAL and SECAM standards are 576i and 576p, which are used outside of the U.S.
2 :
it will work. the only thing that has a regional code is the disk. not the cables. as long as you have the correct plug running at the proper wattage your wii wont fry and nothing will be wrong.