Wednesday, November 7, 2012

can i use my accounting degree in the philippines to work in the United States


can i use my accounting degree in the philippines to work in the United States?
right now i am waiting for the approval of the immigration for my permit to work here in US, i just wanna ask if I can extend my career from my country as an accountant to apply for a job or should i study still?. anyone can give me advise how am i goin to start an accounting career.
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Maybe depeding on the company that you are wanting them to work. If you can show them you know what you are doing, I don't think they really care were you got your degree as long as you know what you are doing. While on the other hand they might care cause probably they never heard of the school you graduated from and they don't know if you just bought the degree off the street and made up the school name. So it all really depends on where you apply. I would ask the company first before i put an n app in so you don't waste your time
2 :
ofcourse, but the degree must be from the recognised university
3 :
The word "Accountant" is often restricted. You may get a job as "bookkeeper". You are unlikely to get anything more than an entry-level, low-pay job รข€” at least for several years if not forever. Many immigrants leave a professional career in their home country and find themselves at the bottom of the work ladder in the USA.