Tuesday, February 14, 2012

can i work here in united states using my social security card while waiting my working permit


can i work here in united states using my social security card while waiting my working permit?
im k-1 visa my husband is american citizen before we get married here in united states i get social security card and after our wedding we go to social security office we change my last name into my husband last name..i just waiting now my working permit and resident card my social security card have marked that valid for work only and DHS authorization..
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-outline.html This site may answer your question. Congrats on your marriage.
2 :
No, you can not work until you get your work permit/EAD Card which is DHS Authorization. Your social security card that you have now is not valid for work. Be patient, you will get your work permit within 90 days after you got your receipt notice, if you do not receipt yet after 90 days, you can go to your local USCIS office and ask them to issue your interim work permit. Good Luck! I hope you got your work permit and permanent card very soon!
3 :
No, if your social security card is marked "valid for work only with DHS authorization" you must wait for that authorization before you can begin to work. That means you wait for either a work permit or for permission to get a SS card with no conditions.